Mayo scissors have a unique feature that distinguishes them from other scissors. Also, they have a pair of beveled blades with blunt and round tips that reduce the risk of local injury. This instrument features a rivet screw joint that ensures self-sharpening as it generates spring tension. Moreover, another optimal pattern having tungsten carbide inserts is available that enhances the cutting action. There are different-sized Mayo scissors available measuring from 14.5 to 23.5 cm. hence, this tool is able to reach various anatomical sites and cavities due to its versatility. Also, this tool impeccably cuts the sutures and superficial tissues with its straight-bladed profile. The Curved style patterned blades are also available that assist surgeons to cut deeper structures.
There are two major variations available for Mayo scissors:
· Straight blade Mayo scissors- also referred to as "suture scissors". These are widely used for cutting sutures, fascia, and cutting body tissues near the surface of the wound.
· Curved blade Mayo scissors- are mostly used for deeper penetration and tissue dissection in the surgical site. The curved blades are ideally used to cut thick tissues that are mainly found in the breast, muscles, foot, and uterus.
- They are made up of high-grade German stainless steel
- Some types of Mayo scissors also have tungsten carbide inserts that increase the longevity and sharpness of the product
- Different designs are available for both straight and curved variations that have different lengths ranging from 5" to 9"
- To allow better identification to the surgeons, they are also available in color-coated variations
- Due to their high-quality material, they can be sterilized and reused for multiple surgeries
- Mayo scissors have semi-blunt ends making them suitable for a vast number of surgeries
- The construction of Mayo scissors is extremely durable
- The use of these scissors makes the dissection process hassle-free for the surgeons
Mayo scissors are made up of the best quality German stainless steel which makes this instrument durable. Also, this instrument is robust, corrosion-free, and rust-free due to its fine-quality material.
Mayo scissors are a basic surgical instrument that is used in a majority of surgical procedures due to their unique features and practicality. We at Acheron instruments provide the best quality products at very reasonable rates. Our products are crafted with special care and advanced technology that are durable and have a longer life span. Don't forget to check out our exclusive collection of Mayo scissors on our website at the most reasonable prices.