This surgical instrument has a specialized streamlined body with smooth outer edges for accessing restricted areas during surgical procedures. These scissors are ideally used for cutting dead tissues, skin, and delicate internal tissues with short and narrow jaws. This tool features intuitive ring handles with rivet screw joint that enables faster manipulation and provides better control over dissection. Metzenbaum scissors come in different sizes and lengths having both straight and curved variations for different surgical purposes.
Uses and characteristics
· Super sharp and super cut versions are available for quick, efficient, and smooth tissue dissection
· These surgical scissors come in different variations including blunt/blunt, sharp/sharp, and sharp/blunt tip configurations for proper dissection
· Ideally used in veterinary surgeries in organ-related procedures
· Different color-coated versions are available to assist surgeons in easy identification
· The delicate variant of this tool is ideally used for sensitive surgical procedures that cause minimal damage to the structure
· The delicate design makes these scissors a great option for fatigue-free surgery
There are different designs and types to cater to various surgical requirements. There are standard straight and curved variations available. Some of them also have tungsten carbide inserts. The standard length of these scissors ranges from 5” to 14 ½”. Some of the most commonly used Metzenbaum scissors include:
· Metzenbaum scissors straight left hand
· Metzenbaum Gum scissor
· Metzenbaum scissors curved SuperCut 7”
· Metzenbaum scissors tungsten carbide straight
Metzenbaum scissors are lightweight, reusable, autoclavable, and robust. It is generally made up of high-quality stainless steel material. The atraumatic cutting action is also guaranteed while using these scissors. These are crafted from heat-hardened surgical-grade Stainless steel that can be reused and sterilized.
Metzenbaum scissors are the most common type of scissors used for organ-related surgeries. We have a vast variety of sizes and types available for Metzenbaum scissors that are crafted with special care and the best quality material. All our instruments are manufactured with high-grade German stainless steel material.