Acheron Instruments’ Langenbeck retractor is a specialized tool that surgeons use in different surgical scenarios for retracting tissues. This surgical tool is greatly useful in retractions required in the abdominal cavity with its ideal design.
- Able to reach deep cavities with its unique L-shaped working end
- Ergonomic solid handle for comfortable grip
- Allows atraumatic retractions with its single blunt blade
- Our products are ISO-certified
- SKU: 164631
- CATEGORY: GENERAL SURGERY INSTRUMENTS,
- TYPE: Retractor
- TAGs: Langenbeck Retractor , retractor
Product Overview Of Langenbeck Retractor
Langenbeck retractor is a multi-purpose versatile tool that resembles a hook shape design. This tool is primarily useful for retracting delicate tissues, especially in the abdominal area. Also, the L-shaped working end of the tool is ideal for reaching deep and hidden cavities.
Moreover, this instrument features an ergonomic solid handle that allows surgeons to handle the tool comfortably. Not only this, but this tool also prevents local injury as it comprises a slightly angled blade.
Additionally, the streamlined shaft of this retractor is essential when surgeons have to reach deep narrow spaces without causing damage to the surrounding structure. Also, this tool is highly versatile as it comes in multiple variations of sizes and shapes.
Furthermore, both blunt and sharp blade variations are available for this tool, making them useful in a broad range of surgical specialties.
Langenback retractors are made from high-grade German stainless steel material that lasts longer in your surgical room toolkits ensuring the highest performance.
Benefits and features
Blade configuration: This retractor typically has a broad, flat blade with a concave or slightly curved shape. This shape prevents the risk of excessive trauma and allows for effective retraction of tissues.
Blade: This instrument also features a blade towards the handle at a curvature of right angle.
Handle Design: The handle is designed to provide a secure and comfortable grip for the surgeon or assistant. The ergonomic design prevents slipping during use.
Multiple sizes: These retractors come in various sizes. Also, the length and width of the blades can vary to accommodate different patient anatomy and surgical sites.
Fenestrations: Some versions of Langenbeck retractors may have fenestrations or openings in the blade. This feature allows for better access and visualization while minimizing tissue damage.
Smooth Edges: The smooth edges of this retractor help to minimize trauma to surrounding tissues during retraction. Thus, reducing the risk of tissue damage or bruising.
Versatility: this instrument comes in multiple patterns and sizes to accommodate surgeons in different surgical scenarios.
- Material: Our Langenbeck retractors are made with high-grade German stainless steel material that makes this tool robust, easily sterilizable, and durable.
- Size and Dimensions: The approximate size of this tool ranges from 8” in length with the working end measuring 3/8" X 1 1/4" to 5/8" X 1 1/2"
- Handle Design: The ergonomic solid handle provides ease of use and maximum control to the operator
- Surface Finish: These retractors are comprised of a satin finish that enhances the functionality and longevity of the tool. It also improves visibility and increases corrosion resistance.
- Product Variants: This instrument is available in different variations of lengths and patterns to suit different surgical applications.
- Compliance Standards: Our Langenbeck retractors are CE and ISO-certified which demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and safety in the production of medical instruments.