Acheron Instruments’ Weitlaner retractor is a self-retaining surgical tool that allows better surgical access by retracting incisions precisely. This tool reduces the risk of inadvertent tissue damage with its specialized design and is commonly used in neurological, orthopedic, and spinal surgeries.
- Allows ideal manipulation with its dual sharp and blunt prongs
- Enables secure and firm grip due to hooked prongs design
- Enables better access to the tissues with its curved blades
- Our products are ISO certified
- SKU: 165348
- CATEGORY: GENERAL SURGERY INSTRUMENTS,
- TYPE: Retractor
- TAGs: Weitlaner retractor , retractor
Product Overview of Weitlaner retractor
Weitlaner retractor is a versatile surgical tool that surgeons use in multiple medical settings for its enormous surgical benefits. This instrument features a specialized prong style that is useful during tissue dissection for separating the edges of the incision.
Also, this tool provides maximum comfort to the user with the help of its ergonomically designed finger ring handles. Moreover, this tool ensures a secure and firm grip on the tissues with the help of its specialized prongs that are characterized by an ideal external curvature. Furthermore, this instrument offers dual prong sizes, comprising sets of 2 by 3 and 3 by 4.
Additionally, to suit different kinds of surgical indications, this tool comes in both sharp and blunt prong varieties to assist surgeons in retracting different types of tissues.
It is a self-retaining retractor that comes with a ratchet locking mechanism to self-lock the jaws. This incredible mechanism of ratchet lock also enhances surgical precision by reducing the user’s fatigue. Also, the lightweight and smooth design of this instrument allows comfortable handling. It is also available in various lengths to suit different surgical needs.
We manufacture Weitlaner retractors from high-grade German stainless steel material that makes it robust, durable, and easily sterilizable.
Benefits and features
Versatility: This retractor is useful in multiple surgical procedures including orthopedic, neurosurgery, spine, ENT, and general surgeries.
Prong Design: this instrument offers dual prong sizes, comprising sets of 2 by 3 and 3 by 4. These prongs may be fenestrated to allow better visibility through the retractor.
Finger ring handles: This instrument features finger ring handles that provide maximum comfort to the user.
Self-Retaining Mechanism: This tool features a self-retaining mechanism that allows the surgeon to focus on other aspects of the procedure without the need for an assistant to hold the retractor.
Ratchet locking mechanism: Some variations of this tool have a ratcheted mechanism that allows the surgeon to adjust the degree of retraction.
Various Sizes: Weitlaner retractors come in different sizes, with variations in the length and width of the blades to assist surgeons in various surgical procedures.
- Material: Our Weitlaner retractors are made with high-grade German stainless steel material that makes this tool robust, easily sterilizable, and durable.
- Size and Dimensions: The approximate size of this tool ranges in length from 4” to 9” with the prongs set of 2x3 or 3x4
- Handle Design: The finger ring handles provide ease of use and maximum control to the operator
- Surface Finish: These forceps are comprised of a satin finish that enhances the functionality and longevity of the tool. It also improves visibility and increases corrosion resistance.
- Product Variants: This instrument is available in different variations in lengths and sizes. Also, there are both blunt and sharp prongs available to suit different surgical applications.
- Compliance Standards: Our Weitlaner retractors are CE and ISO-certified which demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and safety in the production of medical instruments.