Acheron Instruments Gelpi retractor is a specialized surgical instrument that is greatly used by surgeons to retract deep and superficial tissues. This self-retaining retractor is useful for holding back tissues and organs. This incredible tool is used in different surgical procedures including neurological, gynecological, orthopedic, and general surgeries.
- Enables deep surgical access due to long shanks
- Allows precise control due to finger ring handles
- Allows ideal retraction due to multiple tip configurations including ball tip/sharp tip
- Our products are ISO certified
- SKU: KM52776
- CATEGORY: GENERAL SURGERY INSTRUMENTS,
- TYPE: Retractor
- TAGs: Gelpi Retractor , Gelpi Retractors , Veterinary Orthopedic , Gelpi Retractor Veterinary
Product Overview of Gelpi retractor
The Gelpi retractor is an incredible surgical instrument that surgeons use for the retraction of tissues. It features ball stoppers as well as sharp tips to suit different retraction procedures.
This versatile tool holds tissues and organs in different surgical scenarios, especially during surgeries related to the spine. Also, this self-retaining retractor features a locking mechanism to self-lock the jaws. Moreover, this retractor allows a clear and unobstructed view of the surgical site by broadening the incision site.
Furthermore, this tool features long angled shanks that allow easier retraction of tough and thicker tissues. There are different variations available for this tool including both ball tip and sharp tips. The ball tips work best for retracting delicate tissues whereas the sharp tips can retract heavier thicker tissues. Apart from this, this device also features curved and right-angled shanks to suit multiple surgical approaches.
This instrument comprises blunt tips that prevent damage to the surrounding tissues. Moreover, the retracting forceps feature a smooth outer construction, that does not cause any harm or damage to the soft tissues in the surrounding area.
Additionally, this tool features a lightweight and smooth design that allows easy handling and manipulation for the user. The unique curvature of this instrument enables surgeons to place it from one area to the other with greater ease. Also, this instrument is available in multiple lengths to suit different surgical applications.
We manufacture our Gelpi retractors from premium grade German stainless steel material that makes them durable, sterilizable, and also last longer in your operating room toolkits.
Benefits and features
Design: The Gelpi retractor typically has a self-retaining design that allows the surgeon to secure the retractor in place. This unique design allows holding back the tissues without the need for an assistant to manually hold the instrument.
Angled blades: these retractors come in multiple angles of jaws including 90 degrees of curvature and right angles to suit different surgical approaches
Variations: this versatile tool comes in multiple variations including sharp and ball tips patterns with different angles of shanks
Material: this tool is made with high-grade German stainless steel material that makes it robust, durable, and easily sterilizable
Ratchet mechanism: this surgical tool features a self-locking mechanism that allows surgeons to lock this tool in their desired place. Also, this essential mechanism allows the surgeon to control the degree of retraction which is crucial for ensuring optimal exposure of the surgical field.
Different lengths: there are multiple patterns and sizes available for this retractor that makes them ideal for retracting multiple kind of tissues
Tips: They come in both blunt and sharp tips to handle both tough and delicate tissues as per surgical requirement
- Material: Our Gelpi retractors are made with high-grade German stainless steel material that makes this tool robust, easily sterilizable, and durable.
- Size and Dimensions: The approximate size of this tool is 3 ½ to 13” with different angles of curvature
- Handle Design: The ergonomically designed finger ring handles provide ease of use and maximum control to the operator. Also, the ratchet mechanism allows self-locking the jaws
- Surface Finish: These Gelpi retractors are comprised of a satin finish that enhances the functionality and longevity of the tool. It also improves visibility and increases corrosion resistance.
- Product Variants: This instrument is available in different variations including different degrees of curvature, lengths, and patterns
- Compliance Standards: Our Gelpi retractors are CE and ISO-certified which demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and safety in the production of medical instruments.