Acheron Instruments Bone osteotome is an orthopedic surgical instrument that surgeons use to cut or sculpt bone in various surgical interventions. Surgeons commonly use this tool for cutting, carving, and reshaping bone tissues. This is especially helpful in gathering material for grafts or fixing joints that have collapsed.
- Prevents local injury due to atraumatic beveled blades
- Maximum control due to ergonomic solid handle
- A durable platform for improved mallet performance
- Our product are ISO certified
Product Overview of Bone osteotome
Bone osteotome offer a wide range of surgical benefits for orthopedic surgeons. They use this surgical tool in different surgical applications, especially for carving and reshaping cavities in various bones during surgeries. The term "osteotome" is derived from the Greek words "osteon," meaning bone, and "temno," meaning to cut.
These instruments come in various shapes and sizes, and they may have a straight or angled blade. The instrument is typically used to make controlled and precise cuts in bone, allowing surgeons to shape or remove bone tissue as needed. Moreover, this tool features a beveled working end that allows sharp cutting. Also, there are multiple blade sizes available ranging from 4.0 to 16 mm. The variation of blades allows surgeons to cut through various bones including both small and large ones with greater precision.
Furthermore, this tool has horizontal ridges on its square-shaped solid handle. This incredible design prevents user fatigue is quite helpful in lengthy procedures and enhances the grip on the tool to prevent slippage. We have a wide range of bone osteotomes available in German stainless steel material that comes with a mirror and fine satin finish.
Features and Benefits
Blade design: Osteotomes typically have a chisel-like sharp blade that allows for precise shaping and cutting of bone. The blades are different and may be straight or angled, depending on the specific surgical task.
Handle: The handle of the osteotome is ideal for a comfortable and secure grip. This allows the surgeon to have precise control over the instrument during the procedure.
Bevelled blades: The unique feature of bevelled blades along with the sharp cutting ends allows surgeons to carve and reshape cavities in various bones during surgical procedures.
Lightweight: the lightweight and smooth design of this tool makes it comfortable and convenient to use
Multiple sizes: This instrument is available in different sizes of blades. Different sizes of blades are useful to accommodate multiple surgical applications
Material: The material of this tool is German stainless steel. Hence, this makes it durable and can be sterilized for reuse
- Material: Our Bone osteotomes are made with high-grade German stainless steel material that makes this tool robust, easily sterilizable, and durable.
- Size and Dimensions: The approximate size of this tool ranges from 8” in length and width ranging from ¼” to 9/16” mm
- Handle Design: The ergonomically designed square-shaped solid handles provide ease of use and maximum control to the operator
- Surface Finish: These bone elevators are comprised of a satin finish that enhances the functionality and longevity of the tool. It also improves visibility and increases corrosion resistance.
- Product Variants: This instrument is available in different variations including both straight and curved variations of blades
- Compliance Standards: Our Bone osteotomes are CE and ISO-certified which demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and safety in the production of medical instruments.