Acheron Instruments’ Castroviejo caliper is one of the most useful tools for surgeons, especially during ophthalmology and microsurgeries. This instrument is mostly used in strabismus surgeries to measure the distance for muscle dissection appropriately. Also, this device is recognized worldwide and is named after the Spanish ophthalmologist Dr. Ramón Castroviejo.
- Allows wide and small measurements with an ideal marking scale ranging from 0-20 mm
- Suitable for multiple surgical requirements with its curved and straight working ends
- Adjusts to the measuring range easily with its screw mechanism
- Our products are ISO-certified
- SKU: 428630
- CATEGORY: Ophthalmic Instruments,
- TYPE: Speculum
- TAGs: Castroviejo Caliper , speculum
Product Overview of Castroviejo Caliper
Castroviejo caliper is one of the most essential equipment of ophthalmology that offers a wide range of surgical benefits. Surgeons mostly use this tool during strabismus surgical procedures for measuring the exact range for muscle resection. Also, it calculates the surgical distance with its ideal scale markings within the eye area.
Therefore, it features a pointed tip pair that opens up to measure the area precisely. Moreover, it allows fine adjustment with the help of its screw mechanism which is greatly useful during delicate surgical procedures where stability is crucial.
Additionally, the marking scale range of this tool ranges from 0-20 mm to measure the dimensions of small structures with high accuracy. Surgeons can also use this tool and take measurements from different angles as it is available in both straight and curved models.
Castroviejo caliper is made with high-quality German stainless steel material that makes them robust and durable in the long run.
Features and Benefits
Precise measurement: these tools allow precise and accurate measurements along with the dimensions of small structures with greater accuracy. They can be useful when surgeons have to measure corneal thickness or diameters of small instruments in microsurgery.
Self-retaining screw mechanism: these instruments often comprise a self-retaining screw mechanism that allows them to maintain a set measurement without the need for constant manual adjustment. Also, this feature is useful where stability is crucial, especially during delicate surgeries.
Fine adjustment: this caliper usually allows fine adjustments with its ideal mechanism. This feature allows the users to make very small changes in measurement to achieve exact results.
Tips: this instrument comes with pointed tips that open up for measuring the area precisely.
Different models: This instrument comes in both curved and straight models to suit different surgical approaches such as taking measurements from different angles in ophthalmology.
- Material: Our Castroviejo caliper is made with high-grade German stainless steel material that makes this tool robust, easily sterilizable, and durable.
- Size and Dimensions: The approximate size of this tool ranges in length from 3 ½” to 6 1/2 ”
- Surface Finish: These instruments are comprised of a satin finish that enhances the functionality and longevity of the tool. It also improves visibility and increases corrosion resistance.
- Product Variants: This instrument is available in both straight and curved variants to suit different surgical approaches
- Compliance Standards: Our Castroviejo calipers are CE and ISO-certified which demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and safety in the production of medical instruments.