Mayo Hegar Needle Holder
Acheron Instruments Mayo Hegar needle holder is used by surgeons in multiple surgical applications. This instrument is often used in general surgeries to clamp suture needles that are usually larger and heavier. this tool is suitable to suture needles of multiple lengths.
- Strong and wide jaws suitable for heavy needles
- Secure grip due to cross serrations
- Available in multiple variations including TC solid tip as well as SS tip with groove
- Our products are ISO-certified
- SKU: 152772
- CATEGORY: GENERAL SURGERY INSTRUMENTS,
- TYPE: Needle Holder
- TAGs: Mayo Hegar needle holder , Needle Driver , Surgical , Medical , needle holder
Product Overview_Mayo Hegar needle holder
Mayo Hegar needle holders are a specialized surgical tool that is useful to hold and grasp suturing needles mainly medium to large in size. This instrument is ideally useful for securing heavy needles as its jaws comprise cross serrations and grooves. Additionally, this tool also features a ratchet mechanism to self-lock the needles at a desired place. Moreover, there are multiple variations available for this tool. The shorter version of this tool is ideally useful to suture the cervix of the uterus whereas the larger version is generally suitable to suture deep tissues. This is one of the most commonly used surgical tools because of its versatility. Acheron Instruments manufactures Mayo Hegar needle holders from premium-grade German stainless steel material that makes our tool durable and robust. You can buy our instruments online, we delivered high quality instrument all over the world.
Benefits and Features_Mayo Hegar needle holder
Design: The Mayo Hegar needle holder features a scissor-like design that fits comfortably in the user’s hand. Also, the design allows for secure gripping and manipulation of needles during surgical procedures.
Jaws: The jaws of the needle holder are cross-serrated/textured which helps prevent slippage and allows for precise control during suturing.
Sizes: There are multiple sizes available for this tool to suit multiple surgical applications
Ratchet Locking Mechanism: The ratcheted locking mechanism allows surgeons to securely hold the needle in place without having to maintain constant pressure on the handles.
Versatility: Despite it’s designed to manipulate needles, this needle holder is also useful for holding other small objects or materials in a surgical setting.
Material: This tool is made from premium-grade German stainless steel material to ensure corrosion resistance, durability, and ease of sterilization. Some models may have tungsten carbide inserts on the jaws for enhanced durability.
- Material: Our Mayo Hegar needle holders are made with high-grade German stainless steel material that makes this tool robust, easily sterilizable, and durable.
- Size and Dimensions: The approximate length of this tool ranges from 5 ¼” and goes up to 10 1/2”
- Handle Design: The ergonomically designed finger ring handles provide ease of use and maximum control to the operator
- Surface Finish: These needle holders are comprised of a satin finish that enhances the functionality and longevity of the tool. It also improves visibility and increases corrosion resistance.
- Product Variants: This instrument is available in different variations including tungsten carbide inserts on the jaws for enhanced precision
- Compliance Standards: Our needle holders are CE and ISO-certified which demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and safety in the production of medical instruments.