Backhaus towel clamp
Acheron Instruments’ Backhaus towel clamp is a famous surgical tool that is used by surgeons in different surgical scenarios to hold drapes and towels. This instrument assists in defining the margins of the operating site as they hold surgical drapes to the patient’s skin statically.
- Features ratchet locking mechanism to self-lock the jaws
- Provides enhanced and firm grip due to sharp pointed tips
- Ensures maximum control due to ergonomic finger-rings
- Our products are ISO-certified
Backhaus towel clamp is a versatile tool for operating room that are used in different medical setting to hold surgical drapes and towels in place. This instrument is named after its inventor the German surgeon Dr. Christian F. Backhaus. This surgical tool ideally fixates the sterile drapes to provide a clear view of the operating site. Moreover, this instrument comprises inwardly curved jaws that secure the underlying skin and drapes with ease. Also, this tool comes in two patterns including a tube holder and a regular profile. The clamp comprising a tube holder profile is a practical tool for directing suction tubes into the surgical area. Additionally, Backhaus towel clamps are typically made of high-quality, medical-grade stainless steel. This material is chosen for its resistance to corrosion, durability, and ease of sterilization.
These clamps find their application in a wide range of applications including:
General surgery: Surgeons use this tool to secure surgical drapes and sterile towels in place during multiple general surgical procedures and maintain a sterile and clean field
Orthopedic surgery: Surgeons use a Backhaus towel clamp in multiple orthopedic surgeries including small bone fractures to hold surgical drapes and towels. Also, this clamp allows for maintaining a clear surgical view with enhanced precision.
Retaining instruments: Medical professionals use this tool to secure surgical instruments, such as needle holders, scissors, or forceps, conveniently located on the sterile field. This ensures quick and efficient access during procedures.
Wound Closure Assistance: Healthcare professionals use these clamps to assist in wound closure by holding sutures or tissue layers in place while the surgeon sutures or staples the incision closed.
Other applications of these clamps include their use in Gynecological, cardiovascular, Ophthalmic, Oral and Maxillofacial, Orthopedic, veterinary, and plastic surgeries to hold sterile drapes or other materials in place while the medical team works on the patient.
Benefits and Features
Finger rings: This tool features ergonomically designed finger ring handles to make it easily usable by the healthcare professional
Inwardly curved jaws: A pair of inwardly curved jaws that hold drapes as well as underlying skin easily
Boxlock system: This tool comprises a boxlock joint system that facilitates easy movement of the jaws
Multiple patterns and sizes: This instrument features multiple patterns and sizes to accommodate multiple surgical applications
Material: This device features high-quality German stainless steel material to ensure durability and reliability
Ratchet mechanism: This surgical tool features a ratchet mechanism to self-lock the jaws
Sharp pointed tips: This clamp comprises of sharp pointed tips that assist in grasping the surgical drapes and towel with greater ease.
Organizing Instruments: These clamps are also useful to hold and organize various surgical equipment. Furthermore, this allows a convenient and easily accessible location within the sterile field, allowing the surgeon to retrieve the necessary tools during the procedure quickly.
Usage and Care Instructions
- Sterilize Backhaus towel clamps properly before each use. Autoclaving is the most commonly used for sterilizing surgical tools.
- Make proper placement of these clamps as it is crucial to maintain a sterile field and prevent contamination.
- Place the drape or towel over the surgical area or the patient. Then, carefully position the clamp jaws on the drape, ensuring it securely grasps the material.
- After use, clean the Backhaus towel clamps promptly to remove any tissue, fluid, blood, or other contaminants. Use a mild detergent and warm water to clean the clamps thoroughly.
- Abrasive cleaners or brushes can damage the clamps. So, avoid using these.
- Regularly inspect the clamps for signs of corrosion, wear, or damage. Also, If you notice any issues, consider removing them from service and have them evaluated for repair or replacement.
- Store the towel clamps in a sterile, clean, and dry environment.
- Ensure that only qualified and trained medical professionals use the forceps. Inadequate training may result in improper use and damage to tissues or the instrument.
Our Backhaus towel clamp adheres to rigorous standards and industry regulations to ensure product quality, safety, and effectiveness.
- We typically produce these forceps from premium-grade stainless steel, which is corrosion-resistant and biocompatible. Thus meeting the necessary material requirements for medical devices.
- Our forceps are ISO-certified to maintain a systematic approach to quality control.
- We adhere to industry standards in our design, including tooth size, spacing, shank length, and handle design.
- Our instruments undergo rigorous testing for quality, safety, and performance.
- We use visual inspections and functional tests in manufacturing to ensure every instrument meets set specifications.
- The packaging is designed to maintain sterility and safeguard the instruments.
What are the main components of an Acheron Instruments’ Backhaus towel clamp?
A Backhaus towel clamp comprises a hinged point for gripping, two sharp-pronged jaws, and a ratcheting mechanism for locking.
Are there different sizes and types of Acheron Instruments’ Backhaus towel clamps available?
Yes, We have different sizes and patterns of Backhaus towel clamps available. We also have color-coated versions available for these clamps.
How do I care for my Acheron Instruments Backhaus towel clamps?
You can enhance the longevity of your clamps by sterilizing them properly, evaluating them for any damage or repair, and storing them in a clean and dry environment.
How can I purchase Acheron Instruments Backhaus towel clamps?
You can buy from our exclusive range of Backhaus towel clamps by contacting us via email or by giving us the contact number on our website.
- Material: Our Backhaus towel clamps are made with high-grade German stainless steel material that makes this tool robust, easily sterilizable, and durable.
- Size and Dimensions: The approximate length of these clamps ranges from 3 ½” to 5 ½” they come with a 1 x 1 prong
- Handle Design: The ergonomically designed finger ring handles provide ease of use and maximum control to the operator
- 5. Surface Finish: These clamps are comprised of a satin finish that enhances the functionality and longevity of the tool. It also improves visibility and increases corrosion resistance.
- Product Variants: This instrument is available in different patterns tube holders and a regular pattern. These clamps are also available in color-coated and left-hand versions
- 7. Compliance Standards: Our clamps are CE and ISO-certified which demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and safety in the production of medical instruments.