A Goulet retractor is a hand-held double-ended device used to mobilize soft tissues in general surgical procedures while avoiding damage to their underlying structure. This instrument is available in various sizes and shapes to suit multiple surgical applications. This retractor is made from high-quality German stainless steel material that enhances the longevity of the tool and makes it durable.
Goulet retractors comprise a unique double-ended design having a blade and a handle. The central handle is solid and lightweight so ensures easy grip and enhanced control for the user. The handle extends into two lateral shafts that curved to form saddle-shaped blades. The blade is designed to be inserted into the body through an incision and separate or hold back tissues to provide better visualization and access to the underlying tissues.
The Goulet retractor is named after the French surgeon Paul-Henri Goulet. Goulet was known for his various innovations and contributions to the surgical field while he was practicing in France during the mid-20th century. He designed the Goulet retractor to improve the access and visualization of certain internal organs and tissues during surgical procedures. The retractor gained popularity among medical practitioners due to its high effectiveness and was readily adapted for use in a broad range of surgeries including gynecological, orthopedic, and urological operations.
- A Goulet retractor is ideally used to mobilize soft tissues, holding back and separating tissues without causing damage to the underlying structures
- This tool is used in numerous surgical practices including gynecology, orthopedics, urology, and other general surgical procedures
- This hand-held retractor has a double-ended design that enhances the versatility of the instrument and makes it suitable for multiple surgical procedures
- The instrument is made with premium quality German stainless steel material due to which this tool boasts high tensile strength requiring low maintenance
- This instrument exposes superficial and small incisions efficiently making the surgical procedure easy for the surgeons
- The approximate length of the retractor is 19 cm or 7 ½” . It has a central handle and two lateral shafts having saddle-shaped blades
A Goulet retractor is generally made up of high-grade German stainless steel that renders this tool durable, reusable, and can be sterilized. The high-quality material makes this instrument rust-free and gives it a high-tensile strength, and generally requires low maintenance.
A Goulet retractor is an incredible surgical tool that is used widely in multiple surgical procedures. It is an essential piece of equipment that must be a part of every surgical toolkit due to its remarkable performance in surgical procedures.
Retractors not only provide better exposure to the surgical site but also assist in providing safety to the patient. We at Acheron instruments provide the best quality surgical instruments that are made with premium quality German stainless steel. Our tools are made with the help of advanced technology and the finest craftsmanship. Our instruments are reusable and have a longer life span.