A chandler retractor is a specialized surgical instrument that is used in numerous surgical procedures to hold back the tissues and provide improved accessibility and visibility to the surgical site. This instrument was designed by an American surgeon named, William W. Chandler. This tool has a blunt tip that is exceptionally flexible and aids in a complete and better surgical view. This instrument comes in various sizes and patterns to suit various surgical requirements.
- Chandler retractor is an essential tool used mainly in orthopedic procedures to retract bone fragments, soft tissues, or periosteum away from the bone.
- This retractor is usually used in knee and hip surgeries and is also helpful in MIS surgery for posterior exposure of the tibia
- The instrument comprises a blunt tip that is quite flexible and aids in retracting several surgical procedures
- This retractor is made with premium grade German stainless steel that makes this tool reusable, rustproof, and lightweight having a high tensile strength
- This tool comprises a handle that is contoured away from the working area and the surgical field of view preventing any damage to the structure or tissues
- Chandler retractor comes in various sizes including small, medium, and large along with various blade sizes ranging from 16 mm, 19 mm, and 25 mm
Chandler retractor is made up of premium quality German stainless steel material. The high-quality material and stainless steel make this instrument rust-free, and corrosion-resistant and enhance its longevity. This instrument is also autoclavable and sterilizable. The high-quality material ensures the performance remains effective for a longer duration.
Chandler retractors are vitally used in various surgical procedures. We at Acheron instruments provide the best quality products at reasonable prices. We have an extensive range of products including the Chandler retractors with their different variations. Our products are manufactured with high craftsmanship, advanced technology, and a team of highly qualified experts.