How are sternal retractors important
A sternal retractor is a specialized tool that is primarily used after a mid-sternotomy to retract the thorax at the midline. This instrument is useful during heart and thoracic surgeries and is designed to provide a clear view of organs and tissues by holding the sternum open within the thorax area.
This retractor has a lightweight ergonomic design that comes in different blades to allow great surgical access. It has a unique design that provides maximum force to the sternum having a broad sternum blade on one side. There are two claw blades on the other end of this instrument that are adjustable according to the surgical requirements. Each lateral blade is designed and shaped to serve a unique purpose.
- Sternal retractors are essentially used in heart and thoracic surgeries to separate the sternum and the adjacent ribs
- This tool provides a secure grip due to the claw blades
- The ergonomic and lightweight design provides maximum control and comfortable handling
- The approximate sternal blade size is 20 by 100 mm which ensures a firm grip
- Sternal blades enable optimal force transmission to the sternum
- Surgeons are able to have better access to the internal organs that enables better manipulation with the help of this tool
The sternal retractor is made up of premium quality German stainless steel material. The high-quality material and stainless steel make this instrument rust-free and enhance its longevity. The high-quality material ensures the performance remains effective for a longer duration.
Sternal retractors are vitally used in heart and thoracic surgical procedures. We at Acheron instruments provide the best quality products at reasonable prices. We have an extensive range of products including sternal retractors with their different variations. Our products are manufactured with high craftsmanship, advanced technology, and a team of highly qualified experts.